Five things are meant to make a post, so here are five:
1. I am posting here because I need and intend to do necessary self-promo work for art on a daily basis. However, I also have social anxiety to the point that even posting to Twitter makes me do things like cry and hyperventilate a bit. Dreamwidth feels less like a fishbowl and more like a friendly void. I never had many followers and likely even fewer folks check in these days. This is practice.
2. Since I last posted here there have been many things, but one of the most relevant is probably developing chronic daily migraines in about fall 2015, and getting diagnosed with fibromyalgia Feb. 2017. It is nice to have some degree of treatment for the former, and for the latter to be an explanation for my increasingly frequent bouts of exhaustion and random pain over the years. Reader, I have been ill.
3. In an attempt to escape the weather-based components of the afore-mentioned illnesses, I moved Seattle-ward at the beginning of May. I spent 20 years in the midwest and I miss all of you. The west coast is weird and I am not entirely certain I believe in it yet. This may be improved when I can get out of the house.
4. Almost immediately after getting moved in, I stumbled walking down two tiny porch steps (not even mine) while looking for our mailbox (turns out to be hidden down a weird alleyway and attached to an entirely different building). I promptly broke my ankle. Thankfully, I'd signed up for Medicaid a couple days before. But I haven't been able to leave the house without great effort and significant assistance since then. My girlfriends were kind enough to build my bed for me, but I still can't unpack. So there's a whole summertime PNW out there, but I'm actually just in this basement right now. It's a nice basement, but somewhat full of frustration at the moment.
5. I live right next to the local community garden, and you bet I'm going to go out there and work when I'm finally allowed to walk again. It is so very pretty.